Sharp Industries Heavy-Duty Radial Arm Drill
- The Sharp heavy duty Radial Drilling Machines are designed for a wide range of machining operations to be used under the most demanding conditions.
- All major castings are made of closed grained full ribbed iron to give maximum stability under stress. The headstock gears are made of hardened and ground nickel-chrome alloy steel.
- The arm is mounted with ground slideways and operated by electric control. It has a safety device that will prevent the arm from dropping due to unforseen reasons.
- The rigidly ribbed casting base is provided with T-slots and drain channels. The spindle is designed for maximum speed, feed rate and depth.
For Models RD 1230 and 1600
- Clamping of the arm, column and headstock is done by electric or hydraulic motor
- Spindle is equipped with counter balance measure
- Vertical column utilize double tube construction
For Model RD1600
- The headstock is equipped with built-in lubrication system
- Headstock is equipped with over-load clutch to protect the gears in case of spindle over load
- Built in automatic tool ejector for easy tool change
- Headstock has rapid spindle return feature, along with the clutch, it speeds up the tapping procedure
Specifications available upon request.